UPON FURTHER REVIEW
November 9, 2013
Days Inn, State College, PA
1. Personal grudges were behind the firing of Paterno and Spanier
a. The Surma Vendetta
b. Corbett's hatred of Spanier
2. The Sandusky investigation was stalled until Spanier and Corbett's budget battle
a. Baldwin began complying with subpoenas in March/April 2011
b. Victims began testifying at the grand jury in April 2011.
3. The firing of Paterno and Spanier was a power play by the BOT
4. The BOT lied about several things after the grand jury presentment was revealed.
a. What they knew -- about 1998 and 2001 cases and who testified.
b. Who knew -- at least 75 people.
c. When they knew it -- by May 2011.
5. Cynthia Baldwin was "retired early" because of her failure to comply with subpoenas.
6. The BOT lied about why they fired Paterno.
7. The BOT paid Freeh to conduct a fake investigation to justify the firing of Paterno and Spanier.
8. The Freeh investigation didn't find much of anything - it followed the template provided by the OAG in the grand jury presentment of November 2011.
9. The BOT never had any intention of reviewing or rebutting the Freeh Report.
10. The BOT accepted the Consent Decree and promoted the moving forward campaign to dissuade alumni from attempting to find the truth. Their attempt to do so failed.
The alumni have not moved on. We aren't going anywhere until we know the truth.
Link: Power, Lies, and Deception - by Ray Blehar
Full event live stream/recording